Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) Recruitment 2023/2024.
The Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) is a network of media professionals founded on March 15, 1955 in Lagos. It was established among others, for the purpose of advancing the safety, protection and welfare of Nigerian journalists. The union is an independent professional and trade organization without political, tribal, religious, ethnic or ideological leaning. As a trade union cum professional body, the NUJ has the responsibility of pursing and pushing for the interests of its members especially in the areas of working conditions and the rights, freedom of expression, safety, job security, fair remuneration, gender equality, inclusiveness of those with disability and fight against all forms of discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Cashier
- Location: Abuja (FCT)
- Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Cashier shall be responsible for maintaining all bank transactions of the Union, provide income and expenditure of transactions of the Union, maintain cash receipts, and provide monthly income and expenditure to the National
- Secretary and maintain a good relationship with all union bankers.
- A minimum of Diploma in Accounting or related field and must be Computer literate.
- Must have worked for at least five years in a reputable organisation.
- Ability to use all Microsoft packages including accounting software will be an added advantage.
- Age: 30 – 35 years.
- Attractive and Negotiable.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letters (must be in applicants’ own hand writing) and a typed Curriculum Vitae (CV) of NOT more than three (3) pages that should include the names and contacts of three (3) Referees electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard copies of Applications and CV can be sent to the following address:
Nigeria Union of Journalists, NUJ National Secretariat,
Plot 131, Cadastral Zone, Sector Center A,
Jahi District, Off Mabushi Ultra-Modern Market Road,
PO Box 4350, Abuja,
Note: All applications should carry the position being applied for as subject matter
Application Deadline 26th July, 2023.