Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Albarka Health Spring Foundation Recruitment 2023/2024.
Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation. Our Mission is to Improve the quality of lives of Children, Women, the Elderly and other Marginalized Vulnerable groups through Human Development and Interventions to Strengthen Communities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Complaint Feedback / Response Mechanism Assistant
- Location: Kaga, Magumeri & MMC – Borno
- Employment Type: Contract
- Contract Duration: 6 months
- Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
- Slots: 3 Openings
- The CRM/AAP assistant will provide support to multi-sectorial intervention towards IDPs in Northwest Nigeria, in the design, planning, monitoring and evaluation of the program by managing complaint and feedback data and facilitating program implementation at the LGA level, under the guidance and direct supervision of the MEAL Officer.
- The CRM/AAP Assistant will be responsible for the collection and resolution of complaints in the field at the LGA level. He/she will ensure the accuracy of complaint registration and provision of feedback to beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries.
- The CRM/AAP Assistant will be responsible for data gathering, analysis and reporting activities. She/he will assist in tracking the progress of key indicators and provide timely reports to the MEAL Officer.
Under the direct supervision of the MEAL Officer, and in collaboration with other collaborators of the projects and the Base, She/he will:
- Be in charge of the registration of complaints received by beneficiaries and non-beneficiaries North-East AHSF intervention area.
- Actively participate in sensitization and information-sharing sessions for the beneficiaries and the communities related to their right to file complaints and receive feedback.
- Maintenance of an effective record and filing system for all complaints solved and pending issues including correspondences and other related documents for quick and easy reference.
- Report any issue which needs immediate action to the MEAL Assistant or Officer and follow up on the resolution of such issues.
- Provide counselling and sensitization to the targeted and non-targeted populations who come to file their complaints, and ensure that they understand the programme and the project targeting criteria.
- Be in charge of providing feedback to the complainants when complaints are resolved, with the support of the Community-based Project Management Committees.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply AHSF’s Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field.
Work with program teams to ensure AHSF information on program activities is shared within LGAs and provide beneficiary feedback in line with relevant guidelines and frameworks:
- Collaborate with government and humanitarian partners to ensure the smooth sharing of information in consultation with the Meal Officer/Project Manager/MEAL Manager and by AHSF data sharing protocol.
- Support the program team in facilitating the process of setting up an appropriate Complaint Response Mechanism at the Ward/ LGA level and handling complaint/ feedback.
Profile of the Candidate (Education, Training, Competences, Skills)
- Degree / Diploma in Sociology, Economics, Rural Development, Development Studies, Statistics, Demography or a related subject, with previous experience working in developmental projects.
Skills & Experience:
- 1- 2 years ofCRM-related work experience with an NGO or INGO.
- Be professional, motivated, flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Knowledge and experience in using database-specific software.
- Excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams Preferred:
- Knowledge of the local language (Kanuri).
- Proficient in data collection and handling bulk registers of beneficiaries.
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Must be based in any of the above-mentioned communities.
- Kanuri speaking.
- Experience in data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
- Have excellent communication, writing and analytical skills.
- Be excellent in communication skills and proficient in report writing
- Be resident and familiar with the terrain in Northeast Nigeria.
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive.
- Good understanding of cultural context.
- Fluent in Kanuri.
- Previous experience in similar roles in a humanitarian set-up (WFP-funded project)
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local context.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information and Notice
Carefully observe the details as follow:
- Contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR/Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applicants who can perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CVs – only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail; otherwise, it may not be considered
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large number of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
- We apologize for the inconvenience.
- AHSF reserves the right to transfer positions as per need/project demand at any time during the project.
- Travelling from home to the duty station will be the staff’s responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per the situation;
- AHSF reserves the right to close the application before the deadline if the required number of candidates is attained Rolling basis review of applications.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms &Conditions will be part of the Job Contract;
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.
- AHSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer AHSF considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability
- The AHSF and AHSF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in AHSF – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Transparency, Accountability, Partnership, Integrity, and Teamwork (TAPIT). Per these values, the AHSF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Albarka Health Spring Foundation is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals.
- We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of AHSFV, all AHSF Intern and Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other states.
Application Deadline 4th July, 2023.