Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Kyosk Digital Services Limited Recruitment 2023/2024.
Kyosk Digital Services Limited is a tech-led platform that connects informal retailers who retail in kiosks and other similar retail outlets directly to fast-moving consumer goods companies (FMCGs) by communicating demand from retail outlets directly to FMCGs and their distributors and managing the delivery of the goods to the kiosks.
Our digital ordering and delivery platform – Kyosk – ensures that these retail outlets get access to stock at competitive prices and have them delivered directly to them. FMCGs find the traditional distribution chain to be inadequate as well, making it expensive for them to serve kiosk-type retail outlets, leading to high incidences of product stock-outs and lost sales opportunities. By providing FMCGs with good data visibility, we solve this major problem of theirs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Financial Controller
- Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Employment Type: Full-time, Partially remote
- We are looking for a passionate, self-driven and experienced professional to join our team as the Financial Controller.
- The role holder will be accountable for all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as the development of internal control policies and procedures.
- As our Financial Controller, you will be tasked with managing, developing and overseeing the whole financial management system in our company. As financial management is crucial for our company’s performance, you will play a significant role in the company’s growth and success.
- The successful candidate will spearhead the consolidation of financial accounts for the company as well as ensuring that the various operating units are closing the books monthly and in compliance with the laid down accounting principles and policies.
- As a part of joint responsibility, the candidate is also required to ensure that the management results submitted by the various divisions are in line with the financials.
- Strategic leadership: Responsible for strategic planning of the business and preparing long-term financial projections for the individual value streams. Provide guiding principles to the business planning process in the company to ensure consistent assumptions are built into the business plan.
- Business & Financial Leadership: Lead financial and commercial analysis in the business. Work closely with the heads of departments to check & assess the value drivers and develop business analytics to facilitate decision-making. Carry out financial evaluation of investments to ascertain the return on investment (ROI) and help in supporting businesses with various trade-off decisions.
- Reporting: Prepare and present periodic financial and management reports that are complete, accurate and timely inclusive of balance sheet controls and financial information interpretation and controls to the management team for business decision-making. Oversee month-end and year-end closing, coordinate and assign duties to the accounting staff as needed to ensure reporting timelines are achieved.
- Financial governance: Maintain internal control and safeguard for receipt of revenue while driving consistency in procedures and policies across the accounting department. Ensure that these policies are appropriately implemented for the achievement of the business’s overall goals and objectives.
- Risk Management: Conduct risk management and continuously review all finance policies and internal control procedures effecting necessary changes where needed. Lead the implementation of financial controls and procedures that are necessary for successful prevention, detection and resolution of errors in the business’s accounting records.
- People Management: Take charge of the accounting and finance departments supervising personnel and ensuring the accurate execution of their duties. Leverage strengths of the team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities; develop and implement training programs to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Budgeting & Forecasting: Lead and manage the budgeting processes inclusive of periodic forecasting for the business.
- Cash flow management: Manage company cash flow daily and generate relevant cash flow projections and forecasting. Direct all aspects of group accounting and inventory control; carry out a critical analysis of the business results and functional costs and review performance against the annual operating plan.
- Stakeholder Management: Engage with senior management across various functions and work closely with leaders within the business to drive business growth and profitability. Establish effective relationships and actively engage with external key stakeholders such as banks, the KRA and other relevant bodies.
Minimum Qualifications & Desired Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or relevant field.
- Professional qualification- CPA (K)/ ACCA.
- 8 – 10 years of proven and hands-on experience in combined accounting and finance in a senior management role.
- Solid experience coordinating audit activities and managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, and accounting for investments;
- Strong business analytical skillset – with the ability to distil, report and control business activities and remedial actions required.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Possesses excellent working knowledge of Advanced Excel.
- Able to appreciate the transactional aspect of financial accounting while having a very strong commercial skillset.
- A strong ‘all-rounder’ in finance and change leadership.
- Hands-on in business analytics to facilitate decision-making and work on the value drivers for profitable growth.
- A deep understanding of accounting principles coupled with sound knowledge of business and financial systems & processes.
Competencies & Key Skills:
- Financial Acumen.
- Commercial & Business Acumen.
- Operational Excellence.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Risk Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 15th July, 2023.