Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Savannah Energy Recruitment 2023/2024.
Savannah Energy is a young, high growth, highly ambitious energy company. We are focused on operating in countries where we can make a difference to local communities, where we can play a strategic role in the energy sector and where we can make a positive impact on the socio-economic development of the country.
Our vision is to create a best in class African-focused energy company that we and our stakeholders are proud of. Our five core values of Sustainability, Excellence, Entrepreneurialism, Integrity and Teamwork define the essence of Savannah and underpin our corporate culture. The management team are fully committed to creating substantial growth in the short to medium term and to support this growth ambition we are looking to increase the depth of the team.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Accounts Payable Accountant
- Location: Lagos
- Job Grade: F
- Leads the accounts payable process. Liaise with treasury on vendor payments and queries.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Carry out invoice receipting, processing, 3-way matching.
- Provide transactional finance support to the Gas (commercial) operations on invoices and preparation of journals in line with accounting journals procedures.
- Provide support for month end/quarterly/yearly reporting duties.
- Conduct daily transaction accounting, including preparation of accounting journals in line with accounting journals procedures.
- Maintain detailed listing of suppliers’ and accruals schedules.
- Attend to and ensure that all queries on payment processing are promptly resolved/escalated to relevant parties.
- Conduct accounts payable approval of debit card retirements and expense claims.
- Ensure prompt preparation of all assigned monthly account schedules and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Perform any other roles as may be required by the Financial Controller towards effective functioning of the Accounts Payable unit in particular and the Finance department in general.
Job & Main Specification
- First Degree in any discipline preferably in Accounting or any other Finance / Business related discipline.
- 0 to 3 years relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of methods and techniques for coding, verifying, balancing, and reconciling accounting records.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as spread sheet, word processing and databases.
- Working knowledge of a financial accounting system.
- Studying towards a professional qualification (e.g. ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, etc).
- Good knowledge of accounting procedures, policies, rules, and practices affecting the development, maintenance, and control of fiscal record keeping systems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply