Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited Recruitment 2023/2024.
Seven-Up bottling company Ltd is one of the largest manufacturing companies in Nigeria, producing and distributing some of the favourite most- loved soft drink brands in the country like; 7up, Pepsi, Mirinda, Mountain Dew, H2oH!, Teem, Lipton Ice Tea and Aquafina premium drinking water. SBC boasts of nine bottling plants with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities strategically located across various regions in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Procurement Operations Manager
- Location: Ijora, Lagos
- Employment Type: Full-time
- The Procurement Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing and optimizing procurement operations, processes, and systems to ensure efficient and effective business-related purchases.
- This role involves driving continuous improvement, managing supplier performance, and collaborating with essential functions to enhance procurement outcomes.
- The Procurement Operations Manager also plays a key role in cost-saving initiatives, vendor management, and ensuring compliance with internal controls and policies.
- Develop and maintain best procurement and materials management practices, incorporating industry trends for continuous improvement.
- Conduct business reviews to improve supplier performance and strengthen partnerships.
- Establish metrics to track factory performance on delivery, quality, and cost.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Finance, R&D, Quality, and Manufacturing, to optimize procurement and enhance business performance.
- Drive cost-saving measures in procurement and materials management initiatives.
Supplier Engagement and Management:
- Could you guide vendors for prompt treatment of purchase orders and payments?
- Collaborate with category management teams on contract negotiations with suppliers.
- Manage vendor delivery schedules and ensure compliance with agreements.
- Process purchase orders by internal controls and policies.
- Conduct supplier appraisals and evaluations to validate their ability to meet defined standards.
Operational Support and Compliance:
- Provide operational support to category management teams and stakeholders.
- Ensure adherence to an audit trail and preparation requirements.
- Manage purchase allocations to vendors based on approved apportionment.
- Support supplier audits and performance evaluations.
- Undertake additional responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
- Could you communicate business strategies and goals to the team, motivating them to achieve objectives?
- Guide, coach, and develop team members to ensure high performance.
- Manage systems and processes, identifying bottlenecks and implementing improvements.
- Set key performance indicators and goals for team members, conducting performance reviews and providing feedback.
- Identify knowledge and skill gaps, and recommend and facilitate capability programs for development.
Selection Criteria (Qualifications, Experience & Knowledge): Essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, preferably in a numerical discipline, Supply Chain Management, or a related area.
- Minimum of 6 Cognate years of experience in procurement, vendor management, and operations, preferably in the FMCG industry.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Relevant professional certification is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of packaging and packaging technology, procurement processes, and project management is desirable.
- Knowledge of bottling operations.
Key Competencies / Skills: Generic:
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Proficiency in negotiation and decision-making.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate-level proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially Excel.
- High numeracy and analytical skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Join our team as a Procurement Operations Manager and contribute to driving accurate procurement, optimizing product availability, and enhancing customer satisfaction.
- Apply your analytical expertise and collaborate with cross-functional teams to support our sales and marketing strategies.
Application Deadline 5th July, 2023.