Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR) Recruitment 2023/2024.
Solina Centre for International Development and Research (SCIDaR) is an indigenous nonprofit institution that works to accelerate positive health, social and economic reforms through high-quality program design and implementation, capacity building, implementation science research and knowledge generation, as well as agenda-setting and stakeholder convening across human development sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Program Manager
- Location: Abuja
- Job Type: Long term (12 months with possibility of extension)
Description and Objectives
- The Program Manager will provide technical and operational leadership for the execution of assigned SCIDaR programs.
- This will involve day-to-day management of all program workflows and provision of direct oversight for Program team executing assigned program activities. She/he will bear ultimate responsibility for all team deliverables and lead program-related interactions with primary clients as well as other relevant stakeholders
- The Program Manager will also be responsible for providing program status updates and supporting the Program Director for financial planning.
Technical Responsibilities – Program Management:
- Lead day-to-day execution of program activities and manage workflows of assigned SCIDaR Program team
- Monitor program risks and troubleshoot program challenges, identify and implement creative solutions
- Ensure close collaboration and coordination with partner organisations to guarantee smooth implementation of activities and achievement of results
- Lead the preparation of monthly/quarterly technical and financial reports (the latter will be in collaboration with the designated Finance Officer)
- Support individual team members to identify and document learning goals at the beginning of the program (or new staff upon joining an existing program), facilitate feedback sessions to track their progress, and provide on-the-job mentoring to fill identified competency gaps
- Coordinate routine archiving of all program documentation on the organization’s shared drive, and oversee cleanup of all documents at the close of programs
- Participate in periodic organization-wide events to share critical insights from the program with other managers and directors
- Lead all program activities and be the primary contact point for donor program officers and other stakeholders
- Facilitate routine technical problem-solving sessions with the primary client and relevant stakeholders to brainstorm implementation challenges and align on decisions to guide the path forward
- Regularly monitor and review program activities to ensure quality, accountability, and contractual compliance with agreed deliverables and performance indicators as per the scope of work
Institutional Leadership Responsibilities:
As an institutional leader and a part of SCIDaR’s Management Team, the Program Manager will be required to contribute substantially to organizational strategy and management in ways including, but not limited to:
- Support for executive management as needed with institutional representation; planning and budgeting; people development, and general leadership and oversight for the organization.
- Lead the technical development of proposals as assigned by the Program Director; including background data gathering and research for proposal efforts, participating in brainstorming meetings to pool strategies and ideas, and writing-up technical components of proposals
- Participate as required in the comprehensive in-house professional development program that includes new staff onboarding and orientation; in-class training sessions; staff mentoring program; etc.
- Participate in the reviews of current SCIDaR staff performance evaluation framework for appropriateness for cadres of technical staff
- Review and approve all program team travel in-line with SCIDaR’s travel policies to ensure safety and efficiency for all staff
- Ensure deployed ICT infrastructure and support services are used and maintained appropriately while in the custody of the program team.
- Support Program Directors to anticipate project staffing requirements and planning staff placements to satisfy both employee professional development needs and project needs;
Education and Experience
- Academic training: Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Sciences, International Development, Policy and Strategy Development, Public Administration, Health Management, or similarly relevant field. An MBA will be an added advantage
- Experience: 6 – 8 years of progressive experience in strategy, systems strengthening in a reputable consulting firm or development organisation.
- Compelling evidence of interest in and commitment to the mission of SCIDaR;
- Commitment to helping build the organization for a minimum of two years in the role;
- Demonstrated strong strategic thinking, problem-solving, and thought leadership abilities;
- Secure relationship manager, highly impactful influencing and persuasion skills;
- Fast learner, open to learning from peers, subordinates, and supervisors collaboratively and at a rapid pace;
- Results-oriented performer, experienced in developing and tracking self and team with clear KPIs;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Advanced computer usage skills with proficiency in Microsoft® Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Reliable people manager, able to manage and promote inclusive and diverse teams within the organization;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st July, 2023.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- SCIDaR is an equal employment employer. We do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, genetic information, or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable laws