Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2023/2024.
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the status of UNDP is that of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Procurement Associate
- Job Identification: 12067
- Location: Abuja
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Grade: G6
- The Procurement Associate may supervise clerical and support staff of the Procurement Unit and will work in close collaboration with the operations, program and projects staff in the CO staff for resolving complex procurement-related issues and information exchange.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement sustainable procurement strategies and policies that are in alignment with principles of fairness, integrity and transparency to achieve best value for money.
- Ensure full compliance of procurement activities with UNDP rules, regulations, policies, through the implementation of effective internal controls.
- Elaborate the contents of internal procurement Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and map CO procurement business processes in consultation with direct supervisor and office management.
Organize procurement processes for CO, projects, and other UN Agencies:
- Provide guidance and inputs to the project team on procurement plans for the country office and projects.
- Prepare and conduct RFQ, ITB or RFP, and receive and evaluate quotations, bids or proposals in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulations.
- Prepare Purchase orders and contracts in and outside e-procurement, prepare recurring purchase orders for contracting services, and create vendors and buyer profiles in procurement.
- Prepare submissions for internal procurement review committees (CAP, RACP, and ACP).
- Prepare reports on procurements in CO.
- Implement or partake in joint procurement processes for the UN agencies in line with the UN reform.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and management focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Organize procurement training for operations and project staff.
- Organize procurement training for vendors on e-procurement modules.
- Synthesize lessons learned and best practices in procurement.
- Make sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Implement sourcing strategies to find best values in the marketplace and align purchasing strategy to project and CO goals:
- Develop and update rosters of suppliers.
- Implement supplier selection and evaluation.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education is required
- A University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or equivalent will be given due consideration, but it is not a requirement.
- CIPS level 2 is mandatory.
- A minimum of 6 years (with High School Diploma) or 3 years (with a Bachelor’s Degree) of relevant progressively responsible administrative experience is required at the national and international level.
- Experience in public sector procurement of goods and services would be an advantage.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advanced knowledge of web-based management systems such as ORACLE/QUANTUM.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement.
- We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
- Scam warning: The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process.
- Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Application Deadline 27th July, 2023; 03:54 PM.