Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Action Against Hunger Recruitment 2023/2024.
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Deputy Field Coordinator
- Location: Nguru, Yobe
- Job Type: Full time
- Reporting to: Field Coordinator
- Proposed start date: July 2023
- Department: Operations
- Level: Manager/Supervisor
- We are currently looking to fill the role of a Deputy Field Coordinator who will be responsible to lead the successful implementation of ACF programs in accordance with contractual requirements and expected technical & programmatic quality standards, the overall management of program team and provide support to the Field Coordinator.
- Identify the presence and strategic orientations of other partners in the field with a view to improving coordination and efficiency of the work, in particular by avoiding duplication of effort, notably through the mobilization of Partners in their areas of intervention;
- Monitoring and analyzing the humanitarian context (needs vs. gaps in humanitarian intervention), in particular the impact of crises on the implementation of pre-existing projects, in order to be able to propose adaptations and/or new interventions;
- Gather, analyze and share information relevant to the humanitarian context and security.
- In conjunction with the Field Coordinator, the Support Managers and the MEAL Manager, work on the overall definition of the programmes taking into consideration the operational realities (security/access, logistics, administration, technical, partners, etc.);
- On delegation from the Field Coordinator, coordinate the writing of intervention proposals (LFA, narrative, beneficiary count, timeline, budget, PPP and any required annexes) by mobilizing the programme teams & ensuring consolidation/validation of their contributions in line with the general guidelines given by the Programme Coordination team;
- Ensure that all documents dealing with key techniques and methodologies involved in the projects (including list of beneficiaries and distribution, etc.) for documentation and audit purposes are archived/documented;
- Ensure coordination with other actors, via delegation from the FC and/or support to PRs, including NGOs, UN, Response actors and government (FSL, Nutrition, Health and WASH) present in the project implementation areas for information sharing, avoid duplication;
- Ensuring proper flows of communication to all teams and disseminate updates and other info when relevant, particularly between program and support functions;
- Provide the necessary support and information to the project managers under his/her supervision in the assessment of their financial, logistical and HR needs, report any inconsistencies and difficulties with proposals for adjustments, and make proposals for the pooling of resources to the Field Coordinator;
- Ensure synergy between the different ACF projects in the area to maximize the impact of the programme, in particular by holding programme meetings and encouraging partners to collaborate;
- Ensure overall monitoring (operational & financial, qualitative & quantitative) of projects with particular emphasis on deadlines, objectives and contractual indicators & alert the FC in the event of project drift observed or identified as likely (implementation timetable / achievement of indicators / over- or under-consumption of projects budget);
- Support the implementation of accountability mechanisms, ensure that feedback/complaints are dealt with in a timely manner and ensure the adaptation of Projects;
- Identify beneficiary protection issues and develop an action plan to ensure safe access to assistance for beneficiaries;
- Ensure that project managers have reasonable time and support for the preparation of donor reports & validate each of these, adding macro elements where necessary, to ensure their quality and relevance to donor expectations;
- Ensure compliance with the communication/visibility plan for each project, including the production of success stories;
- Support project managers in human resources issues and disputes to ensure that they are properly followed up in coordination with human resources policy and human resources support.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in related Humanitarian Studies. Master’s Degree will be an additional advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience working with NGOs covering multi-sectorial programming;
- Diplomacy and good interpersonal skills, with the ability to remain calm under pressure and not lose sight of strategic priorities;
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to the field sites;
- Proven management and coordination skills (HR, projects, and stress management, previous PM or coordinator position);
- Proven ability to translate learning, analysis and evaluation into operational planning and strategy;
- Excellent written and spoken English, including the ability to write clear and engaging reports;
- Experience in team management;
- Advanced knowledge of international humanitarian guidelines and standards including those of donors;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with respect for diversity, including ability to motivate, train and organize a multi-cultural team;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure in a rapidly changing professional environment;
- Experience in insecure context.
Starting Basic Salary
- N938,683 Monthly (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.
Application Deadline 11th July, 2023.