Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Emerson Automation Solutions Recruitment 2023/2024.
Emerson is a global Technology and Engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Job Title: Finance Controller, Nigeria
- Job Identification: 23009888
- Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Job Category: Finance
- Emerson has developed a comprehensive portfolio of industry expertise, with a network of global industry centers and thousands of industry and application experts, we have a vacancy for Finance Controller for our business in Nigeria.
- You will be responsible for managing and controlling the financial reporting for Emerson Automation Solutions in Nigeria (both Statutory and Management accounts); overseeing the production of monthly and annual accounts; managing payroll and creating & supporting journal entries where required.
- You will also provide financial planning and analysis support to the Country Management Team and Middle East & Africa leadership team.
will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Managing the financial statements and ensuring compliance with Company and Country processes, rules, and regulations.
- Ensuring the Corporations Ethics policy is followed for all financial transactions in Nigeria.
- Reporting financial statements to all statutory bodies, accurately complete and in a timely manner
- Managing complete and timely daily inputs to the transactional processing group, via the data server system.
- File Withholding tax returns monthly and Income tax returns annually, accurately and in a timely manner
- Reporting financial statements using Emerson reporting tools, accurately, completely, and in a timely manner
- Providing detailed financial analysis, comparing actuals to business expectations by division and for Nigeria, and reporting any material variances
- Recognize and accept HSE Roles & Responsibilities as defined in Emerson’s Company Policy and Procedures Assist in coordinating with the customer finance team for all bank guarantees renewal, invoices payments, issuance of invoices against work progress reports, etc.
- Maintain confidentiality around sensitive information and terms of agreement
- Preparation of month-end accounts pack and sales reporting models and reporting to HQ in a timely and accurate manner, with emphasis on ensuring that all reported information is supported by strong analysis
- Analysis of the Nigeria business by division, with greater emphasis on detailing underlying trends and drivers of the divisions and providing support and information with these in mind
- Providing support and information during budgeting, forecasting, mid-year reviews, and the year-end accounting processes as required
- Building good relationships with all key business managers and ensuring where possible to make a financial presence available, thus ensuring support in key decisions
- To develop financial reporting tools that will support and work alongside the current tools, whilst adding value and professional presence
- Ensure completion of the Annual KPMG audit with non-compliance comments– by the corporate due date
What do I need to be considered for this role?
- Chartered Accountant (ACA/ACMA/CPA or similar) and have at least 5 years experience in Accounting, Finance & Audit.
- You will have a strong knowledge of GAAP & Nigerian tax requirements
- Have worked with a large ERP (such as Oracle)
- Be an advanced user of MS Office tools applications (Excel & PowerPoint)
- Preferably your experience will be within a Multinational Company.
- You will be able to build relationships at a Senior Leadership level and be able to present and communicate to a wide range of audiences.
- Your ethics will be of the highest standard and you will ensure full compliance with accurate statutory reporting.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 4th August, 2023 (06:14 AM).